Monday, May 11, 2020

Priceless Therapy - The World Around You

Char Johnson


When You Know Better
“We have so much coming in as Sisters, when is our interior life ever put at the forefront? We constantly want to give to other people….. Too much of not caring for yourself is not a good thing. We’re bad at that as achievers. Self-care is a priority and we have to do it more.” 
-Ava DuVernay  

Let’s Talk About It

Black women play many different roles: mothers, wives, girlfriends, aunts, mentors, and labor workers. We are so focused on taking care of the immediate needs and wants of others we rarely take good care of ourselves. When I saw the tweet by Ava DuVernay, a calmness came over me. I no longer punish myself for my giving nature, but I was able to put how and when to give in perspective.

I strongly believe society has molded ‘My Black is Beautiful’ women into being nothing more than Molly the Maid. History, as it is given to us, paints us as the primary caregiver to everyone and problem barriers to every situation. Don’t get me wrong, we are created to be Help Mates but it seems we are the Do It All Woman until we step outside of the boundaries; do as we are told, talk and speak as a mouse, look and dress a certain type of way, or give an opinion of a possible better way of achieving a common goal. The World Outside of Us would cherish and value the assistance given by ‘My Black is Beautiful’ women if they would walk a mile in our shoes for just one day.

Do Better
This is Not Reality TV…….This is Not Reality Radio…….This Is Reality


The United States of America European Culture has poisoned ‘My Black is Beauty’ culture with Pagan Holidays and Days of the year as a guide to how and when to celebrate a woman. Gifts and Trinkets are smoke screens celebrating the value of a woman. A simple gesture of helping out or assisting with mom or significant others' daily routine is more important than a tangible gift received on a mandated day of the year. Stability, wealth, and security is more valuable than a Shining Bright Diamond. 

Featured video